Thursday, August 28, 2014

Instructional Focus



Areas we have been focusing on:

Be Proactive - #1 of the 7 Habits.  This is a very broad habit and if we used this habit alone, we would be well on our way to being great leaders.  After reading the book, The Little Engine That Could, we talked about having a "can do" attitude.  When we try something new, we are going to try to remember, I think I can, I think I can...

Show and Name the Letters of the Alphabet - We are making some great progress on accomplishing our goal of learning all the names and sounds of the upper and lowercase letters by Halloween.  While we have explicitly been practicing Aa and Bb, we have been talking about all of the letters.  Next week we will be taking a look at our names and comparing the letters and patterns.

Naming Shapes - Shapes are all around us.  When we made our trains we noticed many things about the 2D shapes that we used.

I'm sorry I haven't had more pictures of the students engaged in activities.  We have been pretty busy and I always think of it just as we have cleaned up.  I'll try to do better next week!

Friday students will be bringing home their Math Journals.  Please take the time to look through them with your child.  Please sign the last page there is student work and return on Tuesday as we will be using them again.  Math Journals will go home for review every 3-4 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment